All parents and students in Years 9 to 12 are encouraged to attend the St John’s Grammar School 2019 Subject and Career Expo.
The event will be held on Wednesday 31 July from 6pm – 8pm in the John Bray Centre for Performing Arts.
This year we have secured a broad range of external organisations that can provide a breadth of information.
This is an excellent opportunity for families to discuss career pathways, tertiary education options and subject selections for 2020.
There will be a range of information booths including:
Heads of Departments for all subject areas at St John’s
• Maths (Essential, General, 10A, Methods, Specialist)
• Science (Physics, Biology, Psychology, Chemistry)
• English (Literary Studies, English, Essential English, EAL)
• Languages (Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese)
• Technology (Digital Technologies, Food & Hospitality, Systems and CAD, Material Solutions,
• Humanities (Philosophy, History, Geography, Research Project)
• Enterprise & Futures (Accounting, Business Innovation, Legal Studies, Enterprise and Law)
• The Arts (Drama, Music, Media, Visual Art, Design)
• PE (PE, Health, Sports Science)
1. Flinders University
2. International College of Hotel Management (ICHM)
3. Queensford College
4. SAE Creative Media Institute
5. South Australian Institute of Business and Technology (SAIBT)
6. Tabor College
7. Torrens University
9. Uniting College
10. University of Adelaide
1. Careers Employment Group (CEG)
2. Masters Plumbers Association
3. South Australian Police (SAPOL)
4. TABMA Apprentices and Trainees
Other Opportunities (eg gap year)
1. Camp Counselors USA (CCUSA)
2. Lattitude Global Volunteering
3. Projects Abroad
Ms Castine, Ms Harwood and Mr Raimondo will present a range of presentations about the SACE, VET and future pathways.
There will also be a BBQ available so bring along some change to support the students’ fundraising efforts.
I look forward to seeing you all there.