The tROOper Project is an Art auction that aims to raise money for those affected by the devastating bushfires of early 2020. A number of renowned South Australian artists and the students of St John’s Grammar have each painted or sculpted a life sized kangaroo to be auctioned on February 21, 2021. The artists who generously donated their time and talents include:
- Dana Kinter (visit Dana’s website)
- Dan Withey (visit Dan’s website)
- Tiff Manuell (visit Tiff’s website)
- Uncle Tamaru (visit Tamaru’s website)
- Thomas Readett (visit Thomas’s website)
- APY Art Centre Collective (visit APY Art Centre’s website)
- Ty Manning (visit Ty’s website)
In addition to the lifesize kangaroos, 10 miniature kangaroos will be available via silent auction. These smaller pieces measure 38cm x 18cm and are an affordable option for those unable to purchase the full size kangaroos.
Venue: St John’s Grammar School – Secondary Campus front lawns (29 Gloucester Avenue, Belair)
Time: Registrations from 2pm, auction commencing 3.30pm
Guests will need to complete the COVID-19 check-in to this event via QR code. A manual register will also be available.
For more information please contact Kate Wright via email.