St John’s Grammar welcomes students on short and long term study tours.
St John’s Grammar Study Tour Program
The St John’s Grammar study tour program gives students from overseas the opportunity to experience education in Australia for a period of 2-4 weeks. Our study tours focus on cultural enrichment for both current and visiting students, learning about our school, Adelaide and Australia, as well as giving international students the opportunity to try before deciding to apply for long term study.
Cultural activities are an important part of learning English and learning about student life in Australia. During the study tour, students will experience learning the basics of new sports, see Australian nature and wildlife and participate in group activities.
Our two key intake dates are in February and July and we accept group bookings of both male and female students in Years 1 – 9 who are confident English speakers.
- School buddies: opportunity to develop lasting friendships with designated school buddies
- School integration: a one day orientation program prepares students for Australian school life at St John’s Grammar and, once commenced, visiting students join buddies in regular classes and share activities with local students
- Homestay: host families are carefully selected from within the school community. Host families are limited so this service can not always be offered.
- Specialised lessons: innovative programs focused on science, sports and the arts
- Excursions: educational excursions to discover our unique environment with experiences as diverse as feeding native animals at Gorge Wildlife Park, tasting handmade chocolates at Melba’s Chocolate Factory and picking your own strawberries at Beerenberg Farm through to visiting beach towns Glenelg, Victor Harbor and Goolwa and travelling on the historic Cockle Train or visiting prestigious and popular Adelaide institutions such as Adelaide Uni, Central Markets the CSIRO Education Centre and more
- Welcome and farewell functions: students are warmly welcomed on arrival and attend a farewell function with their new friends and buddies on the last day of school.
Intakes & How To Apply
Our 2020 intake dates are:
- 3 February 2020
- 27 July 2020
Priority is given to 2-3 weeks in February and 3-4 weeks in July. Other weeks are subject to availability. Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
To apply for a study tour, please:
Homestay accommodation close to the school is available with selected families.
Host families provide packed lunches and drinks during the school week.
Weekend activities are left to the discretion of the host families and may include family functions, trips, entertainment and shopping.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements of the students?
All students are required to be confident in speaking and listening in English.
What are the lesson plan details of the program?
All students will spend most of their time in the classroom with our domestic students and class teacher. All lessons are taught in English. We offer Chinese/English speaking tutors to help and support the students in the classroom and parents during their time at St John’s Grammar. Excursions during study tours are determined by the duration of the students’ stay. These excursions are educational and an important part of our study tour program.
Do all students have to attend the excursions?
Yes. All excursions are compulsory and all students must attend. The excursions will benefit students learning and contribute to the Australian experience that our study tours offer
Can parents participate in the program?
There are opportunities for the parents to attend the excursions and be involved in the student’s learning. Mostly we ask for parent support in homework and to help students follow the school rules.
Do you offer after school activities?
We offer after school activities for 2-3 afternoons per week. These activities will vary based on the time of year and group size.
29 Gloucester Avenue, Belair SA 5052
(08) 8278 0293