Orchestral Music Scholarship
Applications for 2022 entry are now open
- Orchestral Music Scholarship Application Form – 2022 entry
- Orchestral Music Scholarship Fact Sheet – 2022 entry
St John’s Grammar School is offering Orchestral Music Scholarships to students entering into the Secondary Campus (Years 7 – 12) who display excellence and/or outstanding potential in Music on an orchestral instrument, specifically:
- Double Bass
- French Horn
St John’s Grammar School has a highly successful Music program, and students are consistently provided with large practical performance opportunities within the school, wider community and around Australia.
Students applying for an Orchestral Scholarship should:
- Be able to demonstrate a sound technical ability in their chosen musical instrument and perform with musicality and accuracy
- Currently undertake lessons from an instrumental music teacher on their chosen instrument
- Candidates showing an interest in choral signing will be highly considered
A successful Music Scholarship student will be expected to:
- Undertake Music as a curriculum choice from Years 7 – 12
- Participate in the Orchestra and at least one other major ensemble, whether instrumental or vocal
- Represent the Performing Arts Department on special occasions as required
- Continue to take lessons with a private instrumental teacher (arranged through the school or privately)
For more information on the application and audition process please see the Orchestral Music Scholarship Fact Sheet.
If you require any further information, please contact our Director of Enrolments, Tim Wilson, at email@example.com or on 08 8278 0210.