COVID-19 Information and Precautions
Update: 7 October 2021
As per current policy as outlined on the SA Health website, the wearing of face masks will continue to be EXPECTED for all Secondary Campus (Years 7 to 12) students, staff and visitors over the age of 12 when:
- Congregating in groups.
- Travelling on our School buses or public transport.
- Outdoors and sufficient physical distancing cannot be maintained.
The following EXEMPTIONS from face mask use will apply:
- ELC staff and students.
- Junior Campus (Reception to Year 6) students.
- Any staff member, when teaching or engaging with students.
- During PE lessons.
- All staff and students when outside (and physical distancing requirements can be maintained).
- All staff and students when eating or drinking.
- Students or staff who have a medical condition, such as problems with their breathing, a serious skin condition on the face, a disability, or a mental health condition.
If your child is unable to wear a face mask for any reason, please ensure you notify their Head of School:
- Ben Clark, Head of Middle School: email@example.com
- Leonie Harwood, Head of Senior School: firstname.lastname@example.org
A reminder that, unlike Government Schools, St John’s Grammar has not been provided with additional face masks, and students will need to bring their own masks.
We continue to remain highly vigilant in regard to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and in reducing the potential for infection and spread of the disease, and we continue to ask for the ongoing support of our families in helping to keep our School a safe place by supporting the hygiene and physical distancing measures that we have in place.
We cannot be too careful at this time. Any member of our School community who is unwell, or who exhibits any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, must remain at home and seek immediate testing.
If a student exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19 whilst at School, no matter how mild, they will be isolated and parents will be contacted to arrange immediate collection.
Across the ELC, Junior and Secondary Campuses, the current restrictions in place allow parents to enter Campuses and classrooms again as required – specifically during drop-off and pick-up times.
The School has COVID-safe Plans and QR Check-In codes in place across all Campuses, and it is a contact tracing requirement that all adults who enter any of our Campuses must check-in using these QR codes.
This page will be updated as changes are made to the School’s COVID-Safe procedures, and information communicated to families via email.
If you have any queries or require any further information, please contact the School directly on 8278 2233.